Thursday, September 25, 2008

Riding Lessons!

A couple weeks ago, Cody saw an ad on Craigslist about a boarding barn in KCMO needed someone to give lessons. He told me to send an email, so I did, and low and behold, I'm now a contractor with the barn! Give me a call if you like to take a lesson! Right now, Shiloh is the main lesson horse, but more lessons horses will be available soon. And, if you use your own horse, you get a $5 discount! I'm already up to 8 students, and should have more soon!

The only bad thing is that I've given up my AQHA amateur status, by officially accepting money for giving lessons. That means I can't show in showmanship or horsemanship at AQHA shows anymore. :( If I ever wanted to again, I'd have to stop giving lessons for 5 years, and then I could regain my amateur status.

The good thing is, that by giving up my amateur status, I can now judge some horse shows! I was 5th in the world in horse judging in 2004 - now I'll be able to put those skills to good use! So, I'll be spending my weekends next summer wearing blazers in 100 degree heat, standing in a dusty arena watching little Suzy get the wrong lead at some po-dunk open horse show. Can't wait!! :)

Seriously, though...I love to judge and I love giving lessons. I think this is all going to work out!

Check out Woodson Hill's Web site: www.woodsonhill.org.

No comments: