Monday, February 9, 2009

Thank yous


My parents taught me to send thank yous anytime somebody gave a gift or did something nice for you. And I still send them. It's the right thing to do, and who doesn't love getting mail!?!?! ;) After Christmas this year, I had this great idea to BLOG my thank yous, with a picture of the item received being used! Great idea, huh? Yes, it would have been a spectacular idea if I actually had time to do it and remembered to take pictures of stuff. I told myself that I'd try to do it for my birthday presents, and I did better about the picture taking. I went ahead and sent out real thank you cards for both my Christmas AND birthday presents.

So, you're left with the few pictures I remembered to take...



Spuddy and Rose got me these GREAT mixing bowls! They are lined with rubber on the bottom so the bowl won't slide around. Here is one of the bowls in use, mixing pancake batter. Yum!



Mom surprised me with this very very cool rug for my birthday. Isn't is neat?!?!


And my grandma got me the matching pillow!


I've been asking my dad (for a year, now!) if I could have one of the alumnium stall fronts from my old barn at the ranch. With a little help from mom, check out what he delivered for my birthday! Thanks to Dad and Cody for installing it!


So, I've been eyeing this really cute horse shoe necklace at Zales for the last month or so, and hinting to Cody that it'd make a great birthday gift. He told me that he could get me jewelry, or what about a dutch door for Shiloh's stall? Well, I picked the dutch door, of course! It's not entirely finished (still needs tin on the outside), but look how cool it is! Shiloh has a real stall now, complete with a sliding stall door and a dutch door. Besides getting Fanny for my 7th birthday, the stall is perhaps the best birthday present ever.



Thanks, everyone, for making my birthday so special!













No comments: