Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mailbox wars

When I was little, somebody shot the mailbox at the end of our lane. I remember it was a big deal because the mail lady cut her hand on the sharp edges.

Well, Cody and I have become victim to mailbox vandalism, too. We went to the Wade Bowen concert on Friday night, and came home to a dented mailbox. Cody pounded out most of the dents, but the door doesn't shut very well any more. I'm thankful it wasn't damaged very much and we don't have to buy a new mailbox!

The other mailbox news in Edwardsville is about our neighbors across the street. Their mailbox is on our side of the road, right in front of our house. It was your typical white mailbox when I moved in, but a couple months ago, they painted a confederate flag on it. Now, I can be pretty redneck myself, but a confederate flag mailbox?!? Are you kidding me? If it was on their side of the road, I don't think I'd mind it as much. But it's right in front of our house!

Well, it only took a couple days for that issue to be taken care of. Somebody spray painted the confederate flag mailbox gold. So now, it looks gold, with some red, white, and blue showing underneath. Classy, huh?!

No comments: